Not only Haus Marteau itself, but also the small town of Lichtenberg in the district of Hof provides a wonderful backdrop for the master classes.
The quiet and seclusion of the place allows the participants to work in a concentrated way. At the same time, the surroundings invite you to linger in the house’s spacious park or to take a walk through the old town of Lichtenberg, which is about a 10-minute walk from Haus Marteau.
In addition to the old town with the Lichtenberg castle ruins, there are other recommended excursion destinations in the region:
- Friedrich Wilhelm-Stollen visitor mine
- Nature reserve Höllental (information centre nature park Frankenwald in the former railroad station Lichtenberg)
- Spa Bad Steben with the garden monument Kurpark and Therme
- Spa and new castle with castle park Bad Lobenstein
- The hiking areas and nature parks Frankenwald, Rennsteig/Thuringian Forest and Thuringian Slate Mountains/Obere Saale
- The German-German Museum Mödlareuth